Not everyone is a fan of a smooth shaven face, which is exactly why many men opt to use a beard trimmer. This device makes sure that the user is well groomed while managing to keep hair on his face. There are so many beard trimmers out there on the market that it can be a bit difficult to decide which one is the best for you. The following guide is filled with handy tips on choosing a beard trimmer and it will also give you insight on which one to pick up the next time you are at the store.
Tips For Choosing The Best Beard Trimmer
- The first thing you should do is understand that regular electric shavers should be left on the shelf if you are trying to maintain a beard. These are far too wide to give you the intricate grooming you can expect from a beard trimmer. Even if the packaging on a traditional razor implies that it is great for using with beards, you should leave it on the shelf.
- Look for a beard trimmer that can be recharged. This means that there will be no pesky cords in the way while you are on your quest toward the perfect facial hair maintenance. This is also a great option since it will save you money on electric bills. There are many trimmers that use regular batteries, but the ones that can be recharged will give you a lot more bang for your buck.
- Beard trimmers often come with several attachments. Consider which ones are included with the ones you have in mind before you make your final purchase decision. It is best to choose a model that has an angled attachment because there are parts of the face that are difficult to reach when you use a straight one. The attachments are especially useful for people that like different parts of their facial hair to be at differing lengths.
- While brand doesn’t mean everything in the world, you should definitely opt for a trimmer that is from a brand that is well known. This is something that you will be using on a very sensitive area, so having the best is very important here. This does not mean that you have to buy the most expensive one on the market, but you should definitely invest a good amount of money into this purchase.
- Look for a unit that has self-sharpening blades. This is one feature that will assure you get the most life out of the product you choose. This does not mean that they will last forever, but you will get more use out of them than you would if the product used traditional blades.
Top 5 Best Beard Trimmers Review
Now that you are a bit more knowledgeable about what you should be looking out for, it is time for you to get out there and buy a trimmer. Here are several of the best ones on the market:
1. Panasonic ER224S Cordless Beard and Hair Trimmer
One draw of this trimmer is that it retails for less than 25 dollars and it is manufactured by a reputable company. There are 14 settings on this trimmer, so you should have no problem finding one that will give you the exact look that you want. The stainless steel blades on this trimmer are hypoallergenic, which means that people with sensitive skin and/or allergies will have no problem with this. It is also very easy to clean with basic soap and water.
2. Remington MB200 Titanium Mustache and Beard Trimmer
The blades on this trimmer are made with stainless steel that has been coated with titanium. It has nine different settings, so there should be at least one that will make you look like a million bucks. One unique feature of this trimmer is the fact that it never has to be lubricated. It is advertised as being lubricated well enough to last you a lifetime.
3. Remington MB4040 Precision Power Mustache & Beard Trimmer
This is a great trimmer if you plan on using it for a while because once it is charged, it will continue to have power for two hours. The reason that this stands out is that most trimmer last less than 45 minutes before they need to be recharged. The titanium blades will guarantee that you will have the perfect trim every time. It has a sleek, stainless steel finish, which is probably why it appeals to so many people. It also has a two-year warranty included, just in case you have any issues with it.
4. Braun Cruzer 6 Beard & Head Trimmer
This is a trimmer that is powered by a dual battery, which makes it very different from others in its class. This makes it much easier to get through hair that is bushy, coarse and full. There is an included beard comb with six settings and they range from 1-11 mm. This unit also has a hair comb, which has six settings as well. Once charged, this unit will last for 40 minutes, but it only takes an hour to juice it up to its full potential.
5. Philips Norelco G370 All-in-1 Grooming System
This is on this list because there is nothing that this trimmer cannot do for you. There are several attachments including a mini foil shaver and a mustache comb. You can adjust it to cut at nine different lengths and there is a locking system in place to make sure that there are no problems. The blades sharpen themselves as you make good use of the trimmer and there is no need to oil it. The only drawback is the fact that charging it takes 10 hours and you get just 35 minutes of use.
Now that you are armed with information about all of the best beard trimmers on the market, you will know what to get once you reach the store. There are trimmers here that appeal to all types of people, so there should be no issues.